Diciannove has always been a member of Etinomia
Etinomia was founded in Val di Susa by a group of entrepreneurs, farmers, retailers, artisans and freelancers that wanted to bring Ethics back at the heart of the economy.
To this end, Etinomia promotes initiatives aimed at economic, commercial, social and employment development in order to restore the central role of man and the territory, meant as a conscious relationship between a portion of land and the community that inhabits it.
Etinomia operates as a fulcrum around which high-quality economic relations revolve, thus overcoming the logic of consumerism and exploitation.
Etinomia members, by signing its “Ethical Manifesto” and participating in the activities according to their personal inclinations and skills, believe that honesty, transparency and cooperation are a winning strategy, as opposed to the misappropriation of common goods.
The Ethical Manifesto of Etinomia by our Cooperative
Etinomia was founded because of the common and spontaneous need of a group of entrepreneurs, farmers, retailers, artisans and freelancers belonging to different product sectors who aim to run their businesses while protecting, respecting and enhancing the territory and the social fabric, with a focus on the local environment and culture. To this end, Etinomia wants to promote initiatives aimed at economic, commercial, social and employment development in order to restore the central role of man and the territory, meant as a conscious relationship between a portion of land and the community that inhabits it.
The project, inspired by the principles of social solidarity, aims to take action and operate in the following areas of work: organic farming, responsible tourism, ethical development, sustainable mobility, energy saving, renewable energy, recycling and reuse of materials, waste treatment and disposal with the least impact on health, cultural and artistic promotion, implementation of healthcare, social and welfare activities on the territory, craftsmanship and recovery of arts and crafts, IT and new technologies.
In order to achieve the above-mentioned goals and for the benefit of the whole community, Etinomia specifically aims to:
- Create a network of companies with high professional standards, which consider as priorities the quality of the products/services provided, the transparency of business relations meant as a set of human relationships that lead to employment, profits and profitability, equally shared among the parties involved.
- Collaborate with local institutions, public and private bodies to develop projects that can help protect employment and create new opportunities by enhancing the territory and improving the quality of life. Below you can find some examples of project platforms that need concrete actions:
- Revitalisation of the agricultural and food sector through the promotion of typical and organic products
- Conservative restoration of historic centres
- Energy-saving renovation of civil and industrial buildings (solar and photovoltaic panels, geothermal energy, etc. …)
- Recovery of disused industrial facilities aimed at the treatment of waste without heat (a method that allows to create jobs thanks to the manual sorting process)
- Restoration and maintenance of forests and mountain trails
- Enhancement of uncultivated land
- Implementation of healthcare, social, welfare and entrepreneurial activities on the territory (social and health-related enterprises, cooperatives, etc…)
- Enhancement and recovery of cultural and artistic heritage
- Promotion and enhancement of tourism
- Promotion of the network deployment to develop web services
- Promote “small works” meant as a set of interventions aimed at protecting the local economy with the involvement of healthy businesses that operate in the surrounding area and that keep on investing in knowledge, innovation, organisation and quality while fully respecting the environment, the citizens’ health and the workers’ rights.
Based on the analysis of past and current data related to its geographical area, Etinomia considers damaging and harmful any initiative that directly or indirectly aims to support the “great works” meant as interventions in the area that lead to:
- damages to the local and national economy
- the devastation with consequent worsening of the citizens’ quality of life and health
- the limitation of the freedom of the local initiatives and enterprises, that are often forced to suffer a condition of low profitability due to the logic of subcontracting
- giving priority to the satisfaction of the needs of the major financial lobbies and the appetites of the parties, thus taking resources away from the community
- potential opportunities for the infiltration of organised crime into the economic fabric, due to the lack of control over the system for assigning offices and managing contracts
EtinomiA Imprenditori Etici per la Difesa dei Beni Comuni – Made in Val Susa
Via Umberto I, 63 10057 Sant’Ambrogio di Torino (TO) – fiscal code 95613770015